The community of Hastings was selected to host the 2018 CEC Conference on April 18th and 19th. We are excited to work with the team assembled there. Awesome!
The Nebraska Extension’s Connecting Entrepreneurial Communities (CEC) Conference team is seeking an engaged community to serve as host for the 2018 conference to be held on April 18th and 19th. This premier entrepreneurial conference is for all persons interested in building entrepreneurial communities throughout Nebraska and beyond. Key components of the conference include:
- The conference is a “Noon to Noon” conference, so many registrants will spend the night at a local hotel or B&B.
- All general sessions are held in a large venue able to accommodate all participants - most likely 100+ people.
- All breakout sessions are held in local venues (i.e. restaurants, retail stores, art gallery) with opportunity to meet the business owner.
- Networking and learning from each other is a key objective. The conference is designed for participants to have enough time between sessions to network and shop.
- Sessions are designed for participants to learn from each other, gain resources/information to take back to their communities and, as a community team, think differently about how to spur entrepreneurial growth.
- CEC content provides a holistic look at the entrepreneurial community. Sessions help a community create a sense of place where entrepreneurs want to live as well as build a supportive entrepreneurial culture.
CHECK OUT MATERIALS FROM THE 2017 CONFERENCE IN McCOOK.